Why MDA Property?
Michael J. Dick & Associates Pty Ltd has operated a valuation practice on the Central Coast since 1978, servicing both the Central Coast and Hunter Regions of NSW with specialised appointments undertaken throughout the State. From 1982 to 1998 it practised in partnership with Robertson and Robertson. When this partnership was dissolved the principal of Michael J. Dick & Associates Pty Ltd, Michael Dick, formed MJD Valuers and sold this practice in 2005.
Practice clients include the major banks, building societies, finance companies, property developers originators, solicitors, accountants and statutory authorities, including the R.M.S. and local Councils. Copies of trade references are available from various companies if required.
The principal, Michael Dick, has practised as a valuer since the early 1970’s. Following initial employment in the Valuer Generals Department he commenced in private practice in 1978. His qualifications are as follows:
- Completed Valuation of Real Estate Certificate Course -1974
- Fellow Australian Property Institute (elevated in June 1985)
- Certified Practising Valuer
- Associate Australian Valuers Institute
- Registered Valuer No. 1241 (Without Limitation) - NSW
- Registered Valuer No. 2522 – QLD
- Licensed Real Estate, Business and Stock and Station Agent and Auctioneer
- Completed LEADR Mediation Course
Valuer, John Sheather has practised as a valuer for 10 years within the Central Coast and Hunter regions and has been with MDA Property since early 2013. His qualifications are as follows:
- Master of Commerce (Property Investment & Development) – University of Western Sydney
- Graduate Diploma in (Property) –University of Western Sydney
- Advanced Diploma in Property Valuation (2005)
- Diploma of Property (Real Estate Lic) (2003)
- Associate of the Australian Property Institute (AAPI)
- Certified Practicing Valuer, (CPV)
Copies of practising certificates and professional indemnity insurance details are available, if required.
Liability is limited by a scheme approved under the Professional Standards Legislation.
The Practice provides advice for the following purposes:
- Litigation, including assessments of compensation payable in accordance with the Land Acquisition (Just Terms Compensation) Act 1991
- Stamp Duty
- Capital Gains Tax
- Family Law
- Land Value Objections
- Rental assessments
- Feasibilities, including consideration of development viability
- Market Value
- Balance Sheet
- Probate and Estate Planning
- Goods & Services Tax
- Consultancy advice
- Site Acquisition
Professional staff appear regularly as expert witnesses in the Land & Environment Court, Supreme Court, Family Law Court, District Court and Federal Court.
Specialised advice is provided within the areas of:
- Property consultancy
- Extractive industries
- Retirement villages
- Service stations
- Poultry industry
- Residential subdivision
- Development feasibilities
- Child care
- Litigation, including compensation assessments undertaken in accordance with the Land Acquisition (Just Terms Compensation) Act 1991
- Vineyards and Wineries